Top ten Father’s Day presents
Father’s Day lands on the third Sunday of every June, meaning this year’s celebration is on Sunday 17th June. 2018 marks 108 years since the nation’s first official Father’s Day, in which the entire country recognised that honouring fathers was just as important as honouring mothers. There are numerous stories that detail how the day itself began (usually there’s a doting daughter to thank), but what’s important to remember is that with an estimated 19 million fathers in the UK, there’s only one day to make yours feel particularly special. Here are our favourite presents that will do just that:
1. Our Saddle Leather Mini Bar is a wonderfully unique present. It’s a portable vintage mini bar equipped with all your drinks cabinet essentials, upholstered in our beautiful nut brown leather, with two handles on either side to make it travel-friendly. There’s even a hidden drawer revealing six small stainless steel tumblers for that extra James Bond-esque feel. £658
2. The regal Marengo Horse Bust is named after the famous war mount of Napoleon. Made from terracotta and glazed to a blue-grey with a very distressed finish, it’s a majestic piece, perfect when positioned in pride of place upon a mantelpiece or bookshelf. £28
3. Our Faux Shagreen Photo Frame is an attractive and original take on a traditional frame, making your memories stand out. Just fill with a favourite family photo for the perfect Father’s Day gift. £94
4. This standout Anji Candle Holder resembles a giant stem of bamboo and has been hand-painted to a distressed antique green finish. The beauty of this piece is that no two are alike, which only adds to its hand-crafted charm. £25
5. If your father has always offered to help when a lightbulb needs changing, a utility needs fixing or a piece of furniture needs measuring, Then this beautiful pocket measuring tape, upholstered in leather, is the perfect gift for him. £44
7. Our Banagher Chopping Boards come as a set of three and make an ideal present for any fathers who are a whizz in the kitchen. The chunky wooden chopping boards are made from sheesham wood and are as practical as they are stylish. £155
8. Our intricate Changki Throw is woven with a traditional Nagaland design making it a wonderfully standout present. It’s perfect for throwing over the back of a sofa or end of a bed and is bound to be a well-used and loved present. £345
9. This charming little gift is perfect for dog-lovers and book-lovers alike. The Dachshund Bookends are a quirky addition that will give character to any bookshelves. £58
10. This present is unique and quirky with lashings of luxury. The Gecko Bottle Opener is made of solid brass with the bottle opener cleverly hidden under the gecko’s belly, so when not in use, it serves as a unique decorative object. £155
If your father is more of a James Bond type, take a look at some of our favourite Bond-themed home items featured in our Guide to the Perfectly-Stocked Home Bar. We hope you enjoy a wonderful Father’s Day and with these beautiful presents to choose from, we’re sure your father will too.
Prices were correct at time of publishing but may have since changed.