Christmas cocktails with Fever-Tree
With Christmas and New Year’s Eve just around the corner, we’ve been desperately searching for festive cocktails that will make your party go with a swing whilst also looking impressive and tasting divine. Step forward Fever-Tree, the premium natural mixer company, who’ve suggested three tasty tipples that we can’t wait to try: Hot Ginger Punch, Let It Sloe (excellent pun) and Christmas Moscow Mule.
When it comes to mixers, Fever-Tree are the pioneers and experts in their field. With the UK currently experiencing a gin resurgence, Fever-Tree started in a bid to create the perfect tonic to accompany the fabulous array of gins on the market. Their tonic is a blend of natural spring water, eight botanical flavours and the highest quality quinine sourced from the Rwanda Congo border; but most importantly, nothing artificial that could inhibit the flavour of the gin itself. Their full range of drinks includes other natural mixers, including Lemon Tonic, Ginger Beer and Ginger Ale, all of which are great in a mix or even delicious on their own (perfect if you’re suffering with a sore head).
The only question is – which one will you be making first?
Hot ginger punch
150ml Havana 7 Year Old rum (or a suitable alternative)
600ml Fever-Tree Ginger Beer
200ml Fever-Tree Ginger Ale
6-10 Star Anise
1 vanilla pod
- Gently heat the rum, ginger beer and ginger ale in a suitable pot for 5-10 minutes. Do not bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, slice the vanilla pod from top to bottom and add to the pot along with the rest of the spices and stir. Keep the pot on a low heat.
- Add a few twists of orange peel and stir to taste. Heat gently for a further 5 minutes, ensuring the liquid does not come to the boil.
- Ladle the punch into a small glass tankard (such as our Clonmel Tumbler) along with the spices and peel, then serve.
Let it sloe
25ml (single serve) Sloe Gin (we recommend Sipsmith Sloe Gin)
200ml Fever-Tree Lemon Tonic
Curl of lemon peel for garnish
- Fill a tall glass with plenty of ice (such as our Round-Based Crystal Goblets).
- Measure out 50ml of sloe gin and pour over ice.
- Fill up with Fever-Tree Lemon Tonic and garnish with a curl of lemon peel, then serve.
Christmas Moscow Mule
25ml (single serve) Chase Marmalade Vodka
200ml Fever-Tree Ginger Beer
Squeeze of fresh lime
Wedge of lime for garnish
- Fill a glass with plenty of ice (such as our Short Twisted Glass Tumblers).
- Measure out 50ml of Chase Marmalade Vodka and fill the remaining glass with Fever-Tree Ginger Beer.
- Squeeze in some fresh lime juice before garnishing with a wedge of lime, then serve.
Fever-Tree mixers can be purchased in Waitrose, Sainsbury’s and Tesco stores nationwide. To find out more about Fever-Tree, explore the rest of their range or locate your nearest stockist, visit the Fever-Tree website.